Thursday, August 17, 2006

Life is precious

I took Debbie to see my Aunt Joann today. She is in the nursing home and it's really sad. It just reminded me to live my life to the fullest while I can. I do not want to be old and stuck in a nursing home where day in and day out I do the same thing. I like to be able to change up my day some. I think that is why I am staring to get burned out on teaching. I get tired of being stuck in my classroom all day. I like to be able to move around. An office job might not suit me either, unless I could have one where I was able to roam from department to department. I must say though that high school is better than jr high. Does that mean I don't miss my junior high kids? Absolutely not! However, I do not miss the immaturity that comes with jr high kids. Ok, its obvious that I am just rambling here. I started out with not wanting to be stuck in a nursing home and now I am talking about jr high kids vs. high school kids, but Pia wanted a blog ( so here it is, Pia, now comment on it.) Anyway, the whole point of this was, I don't want to waste my life, I want to live it while I can and if I ever end up in a nursing home, someone just take me out back and kill me. I would rather die than be stuck in a nursing home, but then again, maybe not...if I was in a nursing home I could at least still see my family and friends. Tough subject there. I just thank God for the life he has given me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Christie:
Rambling is good; never hurts to free float and let people know what you're thinking.
I agree with you.
"Life is too short to drink bad wine"
Pia

Anonymous said...

Some decisions are harder to make then others....putting someone in a nursing home is one of them. Life is precious and should be cherished ....as each ticking moment passes....what mark have we left.

CS