Thursday, December 21, 2006

Christmas reflections

Christmas has always been my favorite holiday ...the major reason being that we celebrate the birthday of my Lord and Savior, but also because of the feeling I get at Christmas (no, not because I am a teacher and I get two weeks off...although that is a great bonus, but hey I deserve it). I love to just sit and stare at the lights on the Christmas tree and look at all the ornaments and remember the people that gave those ornaments. I love to go shopping for Christmas presents and then watch the faces of my friends and loved ones as they open those gifts. Giving brings me so much joy. I also like the spirit of giving that most people get in during Christmas. It is too bad that spirit can't continue all through the year. The only thing I don't like about Christmas is that we spend so much time and energy decorating and making foods we don't usually make other times during the year and then in one short day it's all over and unfortunately everything goes back the way it was for another year. I wish everyone love and happiness but my ultimate Christmas wish this year is that those who have never realized it before realize that God gave us the most amazing gift anyone could ever receive when He sent us his son. Merry Christmas everyone and Happy Birthday Jesus..oh and thank you God for your gift.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Unlike the transient "spirit" of christmas, we are fortunate that the Gift of christmas is eternal: "Thou art God from everlasting to everlasting".
"Praise be to God for His Unspeakable Gift".

8:53 PM, December 21, 2006