Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Life lately and random thoughts

Ok, I know it has been awhile since I have blogged and my many fans have been disappointed (HA!), so here I go again. Just a quick rundown on what has been happening and some random thoughts.

Ok, first off, I found out I am going to have a nephew and the name they decided on is Benjamin (after my grandad) Timothy (after Tamyara's dad). He is due in November and I absolutely can't wait. I am already buying him things!! He nor I stand a chance. Any donations to the Aunt Christie needs to spoil Benjamin fund will be greatly appreciated.

Umm, let's see, what else? Single again, found out we have different beliefs...go figure..always something. Oh well...one less I have to weed through.

Been thinking lately about school starting and the very idea gives me a headache. I am really not ready to go back; I still have things I want to do before summer is over. I do miss some of my girls at school though, especially Jessica, my "lil sis". That girl means the world to me and has totally captured my heart. I could go on and on about her, but you would get tired of reading. I would do anything for her (as long as it's legal). I love her that much!!!

It's going to be a little bit weird not teaching high school this year, but I am glad to be getting back to my comfort zone in middle school. I will still be teaching the freshmen, but I will miss some of my upper classmen. I just keep telling myself I will still get to see them and I will be at ballgames. I am also hoping to start a FCA (Fellowship of Christian Athletes) group this year, so maybe I will get to see some of them in the meetings and at activities.

Looking back at the beginning of school last year and where I am now, I can't believe the difference. I KNOW I belong at Detroit and the thought of having to go back to Fannindel actually scares me. I had a dream about it, trust me, was not pretty. The staff and more importantly the kids at Detroit made me feel so loved. I have never had kids that were so open about how much they love me and how I am their favorite, and so open about just coming up and giving me hugs. I love that!!! I mean I had kids that would tell me I was their favorite and would come up and hug me at Fannindel, but nothing like at Detroit. I still miss my buds at Fannindel though and that will never change.

Ok, I am just rambling, now so I am going to stop, but hey, at least I posted. I will try to do better at posting, no promises though.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

well,christie, here's a thought: you emulate the love and acceptance of the Lord -so you may see it as the kids hugging you but perhaps they are drawn to the hugs that they themselves need and you in fact are hugging them... "suffer the little children to come unto me and forbid them not, not of such is the kingdom of heaven".
pia