Verse 1
Maggie came home one day with a raggedy Raggedy Ann.
She said "Mama look what I found in the neighbor's garbage can."
Had a missing left arm and a right button eye hanging by a thread.
She carried it gently up to her room and laid it on her bed
With her other dolls.
Chorus:
She loves the broken ones, the ones who need a little patchin' up,
She sees a diamond in the rough and makes it shine like new.
It really doesn't take that much
A willing heart and a tender touch.
If everybody loved like she does, there'd be a lot less broken ones.
Verse 2
Twenty years later in a shelter on 18th Avenue,
A 17 year old girl shows up all black and blue.
Needle tracks in her left arm, almost too weak to stand.
She says I'm lost and I need help
As Maggie takes her by the hand and says "Come on in."
Chorus:
She loves the broken ones, the ones who need a little patchin' up,
She sees a diamond in the rough and makes it shine like new.
It really doesn't take that much
A willing heart and a tender touch.
If everybody loved like she does, there'd be a lot less broken ones.
Verse 3
If you call her an angel she'll be quick to say to you,
She's just doing what the one who died for her would do.
....
Love the broken ones, the ones who need a little patchin' up,
He sees a diamond in the rough and makes it shine like new.
It really doesn't take that much.
A willing heart and a tender touch.
If everybody loved like He does, there'd be a lot less broken ones.
I heard this song for the first time last weekend. I couldn't help but cry through it because in some ways it reminded me of myself with my students. There are so many kids and teenagers out there just looking and hoping for someone to love them. I thank God he gave me some special ones to love. If everyone would love like Jesus, there truly would be a lot less "broken ones."
Sunday, September 02, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment